The Poulan Pro PP5020AV chainsaw is a long-life product used for cutting down timber to smaller chunks. It’s an excellent all-around product with low maintenance and reduced fuel consumption needs. This saw runs great straight from the box after delivery with no preliminary assembly required. It also has extended air filter life which helps in conserving power.
The Poulan Pro range of chainsaws has unique features which set it out from the rest of the competition.
- Superclean Air Filtration System. This helps in keeping the equipment clean by preventing dust and other debris from entering its carburetor. It also prevents mechanical damage that may otherwise occur when machine parts are dirty.
- DuraLife chromium plated engine. It improves efficiency and extends engine life as well, the product is designed for maximum strength and durability.
- Anti-vibration handles. This reduces unnecessary rattling when the machine is in full motion, hence ensuring that the operator is always comfortable even when working for long periods.
- Effortless pull starter (EPS) system. Poulan Pro PP5020AV is fitted with a spring assisted jumpstart toggle that can turn your engine on in just a single push. This way you don’t have to spend countless minutes waiting for the system to pick up power.
- Lock scrench holder. Comes fitted with a lock scrench holder right on deck for improved efficiency and transportability. An extra carriage case is also available inside the package.
- Automatic chain oiler. For instant lubrication in case, the grease becomes insufficient due to constant use.
- Very powerful engine. It can cut timber with diameters ranging from 20-24 inches in just under 5 seconds. You can even slice through 35 inch logs with ease.
- Has a functional carrying bag that can be used to store chain oil bottles and other minor accessories, making retrieval effortless and also preventing unnecessary misplacement. It has a large storage space for keeping any tool that you may be carrying.
- Easy cleanup. Since the bar is detachable, you can simply take it off and remove pieces of wood that are clogged inside. This way one can reach even the most concealed parts of their machine that are otherwise difficult to access. Chain longevity would also be improved significantly.
Though Poulan Pro can be a great buy for its price range, sometimes maintenance is challenging especially when used on a daily basis.
The components are large and when the debris is left to accumulate for extended periods of time then removal can be quite a task. Hence, it’s only ideal for infrequent use rather than regular chopping down of logs.
Compared with other medium-duty chainsaws, Poulan Pro is very cost-effective and also lasts longer. It’s an ideal product for those who don’t want to spend much money when purchasing but still enjoy the quality features that are available.
The product is ideal for general property management tasks and also firewood cutting. If you’re looking for a first-time machine that won’t cause unnecessary stress during use then this is definitely the product to go for.
The machine is built to perform smoothly without any technical hitches, meaning you’ll spend even less time and resources doing repairs.